This refreshing gin watermelon cocktail is made with housemade watermelon and cucumber juice, muddled mint, gin, and topped with soda water. It’s the perfect summer sipper to relieve you from these gorgeous hot summer days!
(this post contains affiliate links – meaning if you follow the links to make your purchase, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you)
The Perfect Gin Watermelon Cocktail
Watermelon is the perfect symbol for summer. It’s seasonal, refreshing, and packed with hydration and essential vitamins. When paired with cucumber and mint, there’s just nothing more refreshing than that.
This watermelon gin cocktail is the perfect summer reprieve. It’s zesty, fresh, and light on the alcohol, making it the perfect first cocktail of the day.
Now, if gin isn’t your thing, this cocktail would be equally as delicious with vodka. It would even make for the perfect mocktail – just omit the gin in place of more refreshing watermelon juice.
- Mint leaves
- Soda water
- Any jar or stemless wine glass, I’m using a mason jar with a handle
- Blender- here is the one I use every day
- Muddler & jigger- available in this handy cocktail kit
- Stirring spoon or straw
- Bottle- for extra watermelon juice
Now, if you don’t feel like making your own watermelon and cucumber juice, you can go the store-bought route. In this case, skip the blender and strainer.
Also, you can skip the muddler if you’d rather blend your mint with the watermelon and cucumber. I prefer the look and aroma you get from delicately muddling the mint.
- In your blender, combine peeled watermelon and cucumber. Blend until smooth, then run through a strainer. Discard the pulp and reserve the juice.
- In your glass, add your mint and muddle until the mint is fragrant.
- Add your ice, gin, and juice. Top with soda water. Stir and enjoy!
Be sure to check out my reel to see how I get it done!
Gin Watermelon Cocktail
- 1 Glass I'm using a mason jar
- 1 Muddler optional – you can add mint leaves directly to the blender with your watermelon if you prefer
- 1 Jigger
- 1 Stirring spoon
- Blender optional – if you want to make your own juice
- 1 Strainer
- 2 oz Gin
- 3-4 Mint leaves
- Soda water to top
For Watermelon Cucumber Juice
- 1 cup Cucumber cut into chunks
- 1 cup Watermelon peeled and cut into chunks
- In your blender, combine watermelon and cucumber. Blend on high until liquified.
- Run your juice mixture through a strainer, discarding the pulp and setting the juice aside.
- In your glass, muddle mint leaves until fragrant.
- Add ice, gin, 6-8 oz. of watermelon cucumber juice, and soda water to the top. Stir to combine and enjoy!